Every day is Earth Day at Cisco Brothers furniture. Their sustainable mission means when you buy one of their sofas, chairs, beds, ottomans, or case goods from us you are not only getting a beautiful piece of furniture, you are getting a piece of furniture that is healthy for your family and for Mother Earth.
Here are a few ways they help…
- Cisco Brothers uses hardwoods like Alder and Maple that comply with the international guidelines of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), such as using only certified hardwoods from protected forests and certified reclaimed wood.
- When they wash their materials it’s always in phosphate-free biodegradable soap.
- All stains are low VOC so they limit toxins and off-gassing.
- The leather they use is top grain and colored with non-toxic aniline.
- They do not use Scotchgard or any other soil-protection sprays on any of their fabrics.
- And, most importantly, Cisco Brothers DOES NOT use flame retardants. Let me repeat that. Cisco Brothers DOES NOT use flame retardant chemicals in the construction of their upholstery.
If that wasn’t enough, Cisco Brothers also offers a totally sustainable option called Inside Green. With Inside Green you get all of the above plus…
- Metal coils in the seating support are replaced with jute and hemp webbing. Both fibers are extremely durable – offering equally comfortable seating – sustainable, and organically grown by Cisco’s suppliers.
- All goose down and feathers used are organic and stuffed in 250-thread count organic cotton covers.
- Additional stuffing is made from Eco-wool which is sourced from family farms in Oregon and California using the most humane and modern forms of sheep shearing. It is also resistant to mold and mildew and acts as a natural air purifier.
- The most significant difference between standard construction and Inside Green is the cushion. The foam cushion is replaced with Natural Latex that is produced using the Dunlop process, the most energy efficient way to produce latex. Natural Latex is antimicrobial and naturally resists mold and dust mites, making it ideal for allergy sufferers.
There are two types of Inside Green – para feathers and para pure. The only difference is that one has feathers and wool and the other only has wool. The half-chair picture depicts both options. The good news is all of Cisco Brothers’ upholstered furniture can be made with either Inside Green construction.
The even better news, this April we are giving a free Inside Green upgrade to anyone who wants one. That is usually a 20% to 30% upgrade charge! Take a look at all of Cisco Brothers’ frames on their website, read a little more about Inside Green, and then contact us to order!
Watch this video to see how it all comes together: